This Love Union Started With A Love Encounter
![]() |
| Travis Martin |
Rewind To High School
I grew up in a household and went to a church where Jesus was always the center of our lives. We would pray at the dinner table and go to church on Sunday just like all the other Christians in our town would. A Sunday morning consisted of getting up, having a nice breakfast and then dressing up in your simi nice clothes to go hear a great message and get filled up with the love and presence of God. It was this way for many years.As I started to mature in this love union with Papa (God) I found that church on Sunday started becoming more like a college class course that I had to attend every weekend or else I wouldn't be spiritual enough or have enough of God in my life.
I had a mindset that this love union with Christ would be available on Sunday at church but during the week I had to pay attention to my other important tasks like, field and track workout, basketball practice or music recording as a high school white rapper....we wont get into that for sake of embarrassment lol but if you want to watch my first high school rapping music video you can at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA1moD9xcf4
I lived a life where I always thought of the sins I committed and knew God was always upset with me because I didn't live up to the standards of the 10 commandments. I put so much stress on myself trying to be this perfect son of God out of my performance that at the end of the day God looked like the mad dad on the side line of the soccer field saying, (in a nice tone of course)
- "Son you almost had that goal, if you would have just passed it to your teammate you could have scored." or...
- "You had a wide open shot for the goal but you did't make it because you didn't practice enough or listen to me."
This mindset that God wanting me to be perfect would tare me apart. It was a stupid circle of performance. I would base my days blessings and joy and peace off my yesterdays performance. This is what I refer to as (My Christian Report Card). I would fail terribly the day prior and actually be ok accepting hardships and worry and anxiety because I knew, yesterday I sinned 5 times and God was unhappy with my performance and rest and joy is given only to those who try their hardest not to sin.
I had a period of life where I went through 5 years of panic attacks and I would constantly think that God was allowing this to happen to me because all my sins through high school had to have a payment for them. I was conditioned by a doctor of having a panic disorder and lived in the perception that God was putting me through this to teach me a lesson, but that's another story...
This lifestyle went on for years through high school and College until I finally encountered the grace and the true love union of God...
Fast Forward To A New Life
It's April 2011 now and after years of having a God that was unhappy with me I now enjoy Papa God as the happiest dad in the universe that's constantly working thing out for my good regardless if I make a stupid mistake and forget my true identity as a precious, beautiful and perfect son of God. Guys this love union you share with the Trinity is so intoxicating and joy-Full!
"Looking back at God now he looked like the devil."
My goal has always been to love others more then they think God loves them out of the effortless precious thoughts that flow over my life due to this love union relationship I share Papa God himself. That's why I created thisloveunion.com. I couldn't help but tell others how precious and wonderful they are in God's eyes. He's head over heals for you and just wants to have fun with you. Its an adventure discovering The Greatest Love Story ever told.
I Love You All :)
Travis Martin
![]() |
| Travis Martin |
Website: www.thisloveunion.com
Twitter: @thisloveunion
Facebook: facebook.com/traviscmartin
Instagram: Search "thisloveunion"
"Let's have some fun together enjoying this adventurous and joy-full life of love union with the happiest dad in the universe. If I never get to meet you I'll see you in Heaven with Papa :)" -Travis


No comments:
Post a Comment